Monday, September 6, 2010

BBC

So, last week, after an incredibly difficult decision making process, I decided to officially go with an internship at The BBC's Washington Bureau.

I've been really interested in not only British culture, but their unique and world-class broadcasting for as long as I can remember, and now I'm very VERY excited to be a part of it.

That being said, for entirely understandable reasons, I can't talk a ton about the internship itself, but I can tell you that it's inexplicably cool to be in the middle of such a hub of activity, and the stimuli from all different directions is intimidating and invigorating all at once.

I also got to sit in with the editors for an hour or so on Friday, and I actually think that I started to drool out of envy. They have THE most amazing jobs, and I really hope that I can sit in to observe them again. My boss also said that I'll be able to move around the bureau a bit, so that I can get a taste of everything.

But for now, here is where I reside...

Newsroom
Desk where I've been working
Clock/tvs showing other networks

No comments:

Post a Comment