Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pointless Pontificating

Today I do not feel witty or clever. At all. However, simply stating that may be witty and clever enough to fake my way through this post.

More than anything, I'd really like to be done writing and rewriting these tedious cover letters. No, I would not be honored to be a part of every single one of your institutions, and not every one of your companies would provide "an invaluable experience unobtainable elsewhere" ; however, pretending such is true has all but saved me during this difficult week of proving myself to countless managers and executives.

Honestly, my biggest concern at this point is which phone I should use my long-awaited AT&T upgrade on.

Iphone?
or
Blackberry?

yikes - life's heavy choices.
I mean, the Blackberry would give me marvelous access to my email, all while providing an acceptably easy keyboard to maneuver around

But the Iphone....

has apps.

This decision is actually surprisingly pertinent to my time in DC, as I have accessed and spent more time on my email during the past few days than I have over the past 3 years combined.

Anyhow, my friends and I went to Georgetown today to get in some good quality shopping time. My apparently overly ambitious goal was to find comfortable shoes, skinny khakis (that would not only work for seminar, but make a trendy & cute transition to street wear), and some sort of bottoms that didn't consist of yoga-wear/spandex material (of which 96.5% of my clothes are made). However, this mission terminated in a giant FAIL and a surrender to Subway - my new favorite spot for cheap, slightly-less-than-mediocre-food.

During our outing, however, we all addressed the fact that DC is a lot nicer/better/cooler and safer-feeling than any city we've been in. It's not so much a city as an institution in itself. It's cleaner than any place I've been, and the plethora of readily-available Chipotles is an unexpected, but nonetheless significant benefit.

In addition, there seems to be an obscene number of Whole Foods. You'd think that if the leaders of our nation lead such healthy lifestyles the rest of the obese country would follow suit.

But then you turn the corner and there's another Chipotle, and you understand that some temptations cannot be ignored.

All in all, it was a semi-successful day, culminating in a dorm-room gathering and the procrastination of yet another half-faked cover letter.

I apologize for the undirected nature of this post. The next shall have more purpose, I assure. But you know what kids? Sundays are allowed to be purposeless.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment